Contact

Accidents aren't naughty is made deliberately. Any of the contributors can be reached via jeff.

Tick the box to make links open in new windows


Archives

News

BBC

Newspapers

Google News

Indymedia



Fun

Popbitch

B3TA

Landover Baptist

Local

Bristol Indymedia

Bristolian

Bristol Online

This 

page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?


(March 09, 2002)




More of what you like



Courtesy of the Guardian, here is a woman who is in love with the Berlin Wall. When I say in love, I don't just mean she likes it, I mean she believes the wall to be alive, self-aware and married to her. She gives her surname as Berliner-Mauer, the German for - well, I'm sure you can guess.

I was particularly struck by The Tragedy of 9th of November 1989, where she mourns the day her husband was ripped to pieces by an angry mob. "For me the Berlin Wall EXISTS as he was in his prime! I will always love him". Really very impressive, and just as plausible as Aristotle.

Her point of view is one which may spread as more and more objects become smart. If a several miles long concrete line can be viewed as sentient, how about a house you can talk to on the phone, or a bus stop that discusses the state of public transport with you?
posted by Anonymous 12:53
Comments: Post a Comment