Contact

Accidents aren't naughty is made deliberately. Any of the contributors can be reached via jeff.

Tick the box to make links open in new windows


Archives

News

BBC

Newspapers

Google News

Indymedia



Fun

Popbitch

B3TA

Landover Baptist

Local

Bristol Indymedia

Bristolian

Bristol Online

This 

page is powered by Blogger. Why isn't yours?


(April 27, 2003)


Well, I'm back.

Did you miss me while I was away? Did you hang my picture on the wall? Oh yes, I remember, and that's enough of him.

Here's what the Evening Post had to say about the Bristolian's campaign.

Indymedia has picked up on it, with someone posting the silliest comment I've read in a while, which I just had to respond to.

I've been reading about the history of the Arabs, recently, so here's some snippets.

The word Arab can mean just people descended from the original inhabitants of the Arabian peninsula (Saudi Arabia, the Yemen, the Emirates, etc), or it can mean the people they conquered, from Morocco to Iraq, who came to use the Arab language. It doesn't include the Iranians, who always used Persian at least as much as Arabic.

Saladin was a Kurd.

Sumerians (ancient Iraqis) developed a mathematical system based on the numeral 60, which is the basis of time in the modern world.

The Arabs actually didn't invent Arabic numerals, they borrowed them from India.

More soon.

posted by Anonymous 12:53
Comments: Post a Comment